Need a custom made product?
All Orrcon Steel products for the fire protection market have ActivFire® Scheme approval and are listed under the register of fire protection equipment.
ACTIVFIRE® Scheme is your assurance that our products have met the stringent requirements of CSIRO’s accreditation process.
All products are deemed to comply with the following standards:
- AS 2419.1 - Fire Hydrant Instalations
- AS 4118.2.1 - Fire Sprinkler Systems - Piping - General
- AS 1074 - Steel tubes and tubulars for ordinary services
It includes the following objectives:
- To verify the conformity (compliance) of equipment through physical testing and appraisal to relevant and endorsed standards and specifications (reference criteria).
- To verify and recognise approvals and certifications by other national and International bodies.
- To provide an effective and transparent mechanism for appraisal, testing, certification and listing of emerging and new technologies in the field of active fire protection equipment and systems.
- To provide reference documentation and information which supports the various building regulation and authority requirements for “evidence of suitability” for equipment used in building construction.
- To maintain a continuing process that provides means by which the conformity of changes to products can be submitted and verified.
- To maintain a Register of Fire Protection Equipment to publicly list and promote products which meet established reference criteria for listing.
Procedures and mechanisms for monitoring compliance and performance can vary. Listed products are identified in the Register of Fire Protection Equipment.
This resource exists primarily as an on-line database accessed through the website www.activfire.gov.au.
|Product||Designation||ACTIVFIRE® Scheme Approval Listing Number|
|ORRFIRE® SMARTCOTE® Painted Red Gum Extra Light pipe afp 1641||Extra Light pipe||afp 1641|
|ORRFIRE® SMARTCOTE® Painted Red Gum||Light pipe||afp 1510|
|ORRFIRE® SMARTCOTE® Painted Red Gum||Medium pipe||afp 1511|
|ORRFIRE® SMARTCOTE® Painted Red Gum||Sprinkler & Hydrant pipe - Extra Light and Light||afp 2481|
|ORRFIRE® ALLGAL® Zinc Coated||Extra Light pipe||afp 1640|
|ORRFIRE® ALLGAL® Zinc Coated||Extra Light pipe - 100NB and above||afp 1528|
|ORRFIRE® ALLGAL® Zinc Coated||Light pipe||afp 1508|
|ORRFIRE® ALLGAL® Zinc Coated||Medium pipe||afp 1509|
|ORRFIRE® Hot Dipped Galvanised||Sprinkler & Hydrant pipe - Extra Light and Light||afp 1529|
|ORRFIRE® Hot Dipped Galvanised||Sprinkler & Hydrant pipe - Medium||afp 1530|
|Diameter Range (mm)|
|Nominal Bore Diameter (NB)||20||25||32||40||50||65||80||100||125||150||200||250||300|
|Outside Diameter (OD)||26.9||33.7||42.4||48.3||60.3||76.1||88.9||114.3||139.7||165.1||168.3||219.1||273.1||323.9|
Note: Outside Diameter is fixed for all wall thicknesses.
|Pipe Dimensions||Minimum Yield Strength||Minimum Tensile Strength||Minimum Elongation as a proportion of gauge length|
|Light Wall Pipe20 TO 150 NB (3/4 TO 6 INCH)||350 MPa||430 MPa||20%|
|Medium Wall Pipe20 TO 150 NB (3/4 TO 6 INCH)||250 MPa||350 MPa||20%|
|Schedule200 TO 300 NB (8 TO 12 INCH)||350 MPa||430 MPa||20%|
|End Treatment||Min Diameter (mm)||Max Diameter (mm)||Min Thickness (mm)||Max Thickness (mm)|
Roll Grooving Specifications
|End Treatment||Diameter (mm)||Min Thickness* (mm)||Max Thickness (mm)|
- *Contact your Orrcon Steel Representative for minimum thicknesses outside the listed range.
- ◆ Contact your Orrcon Steel Representative for maximum thicknesses which are not listed for the specified diameter pipe.